Monday, 28 August 2017

Overwhelmed? Me too...

I came to a bit of a realisation the other day. Often when I'm feeling overwhelmed, low or just generally tired with life it is my blog that suffers. I find that those last bits of energy go into other things at such times. Mainly work, driving lessons, and so forth.
Blue Striped Square is a bit of a moodmeter for me for how well I'm managing things at any given time. 


Take this past month. I've had a close death within the family. Not going tp lie it really fucking hurt and I've really been struggling to accept it. Even after the funeral it still doesn't feel real. I still cry. A lot. I'm working on it.
 The day after the funeral I failed my driving test. It seemed I was bit distracted after all. I couldn't focus enough and now I'll have to retake the test. Naturally that knocked my confidence. 
Add to that in work I feel like the proverbial swan whose feet are paddling a 100miles a minute. 
Unsurprisingly my blog commitment has dipped during this time. The meter is on its lowest. 
I tweeted about how I felt I'd lost my blog mojo and a friend kindly pointed out that maybe that's what I should be writing about. Except I really couldn't find the words to describe what I've been feeling. Now I know that I've simply been overwhelmed with my life.

It's taken a holiday and a whole lot of time by bodies of water to help me get a handle on things. I've had chance to think about what I want to be doing. I'd been exercising less and feeling even worse for it. I want that to change. 

After time away from work I feel renewed again. It won't be any less busy when I return but I can approach it feeling more positive. Before I left the country I was spending my working day wishing away the minutes. I'd forgotten how much I actually enjoyed my job from just plain being swamped.

It's amazing what a bit of distance will do for your perspective. I guess what I'm saying is that it's been a successful holiday... 

I feel ready to face my life again.

Abi x

P.s. Holiday post to come... ;)