Sunday, 9 April 2017

Self-date 2: Networking

Okayyy, so technically this isn't a date but hear me out. After attending the #livbloggersignite I took the advice of the Future Boss Club and signed up for a few networking events on Eventbrite.
The first of which was a really cool launch party for Spaces in the beautiful Tea Factory building on Wood Street.
Still confused how this relates to dating?? Well the way I see it is that it takes quite a bit of courage to attend an event completely out of your sphere of influence, knowing no one and network like a star. It was a little bit of a trial of fire for me. I wanted be confident in myself and my brand, even if it is only a wee blog where I talk to myself! It gave me a chance to talk about the passion and time I spend with Blue Striped Square.
The chance to meet new people and talk about their passions. To... try yummy food and lose at Scalextric racing. 
I had great night in total even if i did feel a tad out of place at times! 
The event was a launch party or an amazing set of office spaces. Like, drop dead amazing. It's made me very jealous that I work in a very big standard office in a hospital. My office certainly doesn't equipped with a totally modern shared kitchen or unisex toilets. It doesn't have the opportunity to network with new people and creatively interact. It doesn't come in a stunning architectural mix of old brick and modern glass. 
Sigh.

Abi X
No question today but I dare you to challenge yourself!