Sunday, 23 April 2017

Running, so far...

If I'm honest, this wasn't the post I wanted to write today. I wanted to talk about the good things that have happened recently, talk about the amazing CarnLIVal event that happened the other week, my work on self-dating and other fun things. They all involve a certain degree of happiness to do them justice. Today however, at the time of writing, I'm in a foul mood. It's hard to say why but today I'm definitely much lower in mood.

With that in mind I wanted to talk about a more neutral topic. So that those other posts can be written when I can truly do them justice. This post is instead about a more neutral topic. Today I want to chat about my running progress so far.

At the time of posting I'm around a month away from the half marathon. My first ever race. Part of me I amazed that I have managed to keep up my training. I'm slowly falling in love with running. 
It has so many amazing effects in me that I'm seriously glad I signed up in the first place.
At the moment I'm running roughly three times a week. I'll admit on my longer runs I'm not getting in as many miles as I'd have wanted to by this point, but I'm also not far off my aims. 
The crunch point for me is the speed. In averaging around 13:30 minutes per mile on my better runs. So I've started doing more sprint work and incline running to really push myself.
I don't know what to expect on race day, but I'm really hoping I can push myself that little faster in the moment.
Until then, all I can do is keep training. Stay motivated and keep challenging myself appropriately. 
Any tips for me?
Abi X