It seems that being ill and nursing yourself back to health(eventually) is a right of passage in adulthood. It got me thinking at this tender age of 22, it's time I accepted that I am officially in the adult club. It can't be avoided. Instead I've decided on aversion therpay. I'v ecreated a list fo definitive moments which make you realise you impending adulthood.
- Being ill away from home//it sucks but hey ho we all have to get through it and provide our own TLC
- Council Tax// why are there no convenient guides? It's taken me a while to get on top of this. First underpaying, then overpaying. You're not an adult until you've had to faff around with your council tax.
- Doctors visits// Similar to number 1 oin this list, you're not really an adult until you have to sort your own quack visits out. No parents, no mates after school, all on your ownsome.
- Buying house things// that time you got excited about a new ironing board? Yep, definitely an adult thing
- Bedtime// being a grown up means that you go to bed when you want. It's especially gratifying when you realise you can go to bed early with no interrogation!
- booking a holiday// okay, so you can do this as a late teen but still there's something satisfying about booking a cheeky weekend somewhere. Just. Because. You. Can.
Just a few ideas for you! What would you add o this list?